If you are looking for my other blog with gardening, food, quilting, and other arts/crafts, please go HERE.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Learning to let go...

A yoga lesson I am learning even before teaching starts... learning how to let go.

This evening after our yoga class my teacher announced she (and one other teacher) would be leaving that studio in a week or so...  and I think that news hit us all like a ton of bricks.  Yes I do wish all the best for her and am happy to see her move along her path.

But I am sad for me because she was the one who really brought me back into yoga and over the last couple of years taught with humor and grace, pushed when needed and let me do my own thing when I needed to. I will miss her wonderful voice when she gives us possibilities of what we might want to do. And I will miss her humor and kind words and wonderful hugs. It is through her that I first entertained the thought of yoga teacher training and who made it all seem possible.

I don't want to make this into a eulogy because she is still here, a vibrant and delightful person. I want to learn how to let go, and to be able to see her go out into the world with happiness that she crossed my path and that I was able to learn from her even for a brief time.

No comments:

Post a Comment